Archery Talk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are you using for arrow lube? Does any one use CRC brand Heavy Duty Silicone spray? Anybody have any thoughts on the Bohning brand lube?

Ted

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Don't know if this would be your cup o' tea, but I've found a dig/swipe of the point through a groove in a cheap, unscented bar of soap to work magnificently in my foam targets. (I even mounted a rigged soap bar holder next to my targets for an easy, one-handed swipe after pulling the arrows.)

This discovered and adopted after auditioning many of the usual wet suspects of silicone, Armor-All, and a few other liquid this 'n' thats.

Grab a bar from the sink (assuming yer hygiene is up to snuff, of course!) and give it a whack next time you shoot ... a free trial, so to speak.

Might make you happy. Might not. Just a thought.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I'll be the contrarian and say I don't use any. I find it more annoying than anything, and tend to get on my hands, which then makes them all greasy and slippery, defeating the purpose. A good arrow puller has always been my preference, and in the few situations when I'm at a target that's too tough, I usually double up with someone to pull the arrows.

More usefully for the thread, though, I will mention that I have heard of soap bars working very well. An accquaintance of mine was particularly known for grabbing the hotel bar soap for arrow lube when travelling to tournaments. It definitely seems to be a viable option, and it's probably quite cheap, too.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
A dip tube with liquid soap hanging on your belt or a bar of Ivory soap works best at our club. Some commercial lubes have proven to be problematic & expensive.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Woody's, also.

·
Shootin and Cussin
24,132 Posts
Look up Woody's Arrow Lube. Best arrow lube on the market
Mike
That's what I use for my compound. I have used it for a whole lot of years.

I have never needed lube for a recurve setup.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
I'll be the contrarian and say I don't use any. I find it more annoying than anything, and tend to get on my hands, which then makes them all greasy and slippery, defeating the purpose. A good arrow puller has always been my preference, and in the few situations when I'm at a target that's too tough, I usually double up with someone to pull the arrows.

More usefully for the thread, though, I will mention that I have heard of soap bars working very well. An accquaintance of mine was particularly known for grabbing the hotel bar soap for arrow lube when travelling to tournaments. It definitely seems to be a viable option, and it's probably quite cheap, too.
I second this one. No lube or use a slim bar of hotel soap. Other products are just too messy for me.

·
Is that a cookie?
4,862 Posts
I use the AAE tube which I refill with Woody's. The tube controls how far up the arrow the lube goes and there is no mess on your hands/fingers. An afternoon of pulling arrows out of a difficult target can be more wearing than shooting. I heart lube. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.