Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's one that gives you pause. I was shooting this morning with a friend working on broadhead tuning. We noticed that when he shot his bow with a broadhead, there was a whirling noise not present when he changed to a field tip. When I shot the same arrow with the same broadhead there was virtually no noise. This is aside from all bow noise. Actually his bow is quieter on the shot than mine. My broadheads hit with my fieldpoints and his are pretty close (we'll fix that). Can that little bit of tuning or out of tune cause that much noise in a broadhead?

·
Registered
539 Posts
I think there are a lot of factors at play here.. no two bows are ever the same. Is one shooting faster than the other? What's the draw length on both? One might put more rotation on the arrow than the other.. all of these could explain the difference in sound. Just out of curiosity what broad head is it?

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine is about 12 fps faster at 27.5" than his at 28", poundage being approx. the same. The broadhead is a slick trick. I would of thought if speed was the issue, then mine might be a tad noisier.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts