Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have paper tuned the bow at 10yrs. The bow is a Mathews DXT, the arrows fly great for about the first 20 shots. Then after that they kick out to the left when in the air. I stop shooting for the day and try it again the next day the same thing, shoots great at first then goes to sh*t. I can see the kick to the left at 45yrds.

The arrow is paper tuned & shoots a bullet hole...I tried up close and it does not shoot a perfect hole.. I was thinking at 10yrds the arrow fixes it self to make a bullet hole...I don't know how to put it into words... I just need this problem fixed...I can't take it.

·
Back Yard Champion
29,798 Posts
Most bow manufacturers suggest paper tuning at 6 to 8 feet, not 10 yards.
At 6 to 8 feet the arrow is coming out of the bow before the vanes have a chance to start correcting the arrow.
After you have tuned at 6 to 8 feet you can fine tune by working your way out to whatever distance. Most just go with Walk Back Tuning after paper tuning.
Personally, I don't paper tune any farther than 6 to 8 feet, but see how the arrow performs. For longer distance shooting I French tune.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
If the first 20 shots are fine and then the arrow flight degrades... then it isn't the bow's tuning. It has to be the person behind the bow. Some how their form has changed a bit...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts