Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for opinions on what would be the best arrow for field archery shooting out to 80 yards.not looking for spine information just opinions on the best arrow

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
For an affordable, but durable arrow that does well out to 80 yards, I have been using Easton Lightspeeds. Some of the more expensive models may be better, but when I do my part, the arrows hit the spot at any of those distances.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For an affordable, but durable arrow that does well out to 80 yards, I have been using Easton Lightspeeds. Some of the more expensive models may be better, but when I do my part, the arrows hit the spot at any of those distances.
Thanks, they are now on my list. I appreciate the response

·
Registered
7,405 Posts
Depending on several factors, including the class you're shooting in, there are all sorts of good options.

I shoot BHFS, so for me speed minimizes gaps, reducing the amount of hold over/under I need to work with at the different yardages. For my use Victory HV1's give me the widest range of options for tip weight, etc. to get good flight. They are also a bit smaller diameter that most shafts of similar spine.

If I were shooting FS, and could adjust the sight for each range, I'd probably shoot an A/C/C or similar shaft to minimize cross wind drift at the longer ranges. Lightspeed's would also be a good choice as already mentioned. The price range on composites runs from reasonable to OMG.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Depending on several factors, including the class you're shooting in, there are all sorts of good options.

I shoot BHFS, so for me speed minimizes gaps, reducing the amount of hold over/under I need to work with at the different yardages. For my use Victory HV1's give me the widest range of options for tip weight, etc. to get good flight. They are also a bit smaller diameter that most shafts of similar spine.

If I were shooting FS, and could adjust the sight for each range, I'd probably shoot an A/C/C or similar shaft to minimize cross wind drift at the longer ranges. Lightspeed's would also be a good choice as already mentioned. The price range on composites runs from reasonable to OMG.
Thanks for the reply.I will be shooting FS Was leaning towards acc's.But didn't want to spend that much $ until I could get some other opinions.Thanks again.

·
Registered
798 Posts
I heard that Lightspeeds are to be discontinued- is this true, or just gossip?

·
Registered
798 Posts
I am a slow learner... I started to listen to Him and finally surrendered about 3 1/2 years ago, and I am 47.

I am glad that He is persistent!

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am a slow learner... I started to listen to Him and finally surrendered about 3 1/2 years ago, and I am 47.

I am glad that He is persistent!
Amen to that I am 48 but when we lost our son in 1994,he was there to carry us thru.That is when I finally woke up.

·
Registered
7,405 Posts
Thanks for the reply.I will be shooting FS Was leaning towards acc's.But didn't want to spend that much $ until I could get some other opinions.Thanks again.
I'm not a super diehard spot shooter these days, but I manage a few indoor and outdoor shoots a year, and I try to get to the states and regionals when there's not an event with my daughters. The number of really serious spot shooters that put their money on A/C/C's for outdoor spots is pretty convincing. They are very durable, very consistant from year to year, much less lot to lot, and for whatever reason, I find them easier to tune for most applications.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm not a super diehard spot shooter these days, but I manage a few indoor and outdoor shoots a year, and I try to get to the states and regionals when there's not an event with my daughters. The number of really serious spot shooters that put their money on A/C/C's for outdoor spots is pretty convincing. They are very durable, very consistant from year to year, much less lot to lot, and for whatever reason, I find them easier to tune for most applications.
thanks again I believe you helped me make my decision, this is what AT is supposed to be like, thanks again

·
Registered
842 Posts
I heard that Lightspeeds are to be discontinued- is this true, or just gossip?
I'm pretty sure it is the redlines that are discontinued. As far as arrow suggestions the Victory Nanoforces are a good small diameter arrow at a reasonable price.

·
Registered
798 Posts
I have been looking at a few bows, including a Cyborg. How do you like it, and what spine and tips are you using for the Fatboys? If you went with ACC's, which would you try?

·
Registered
798 Posts
I'm pretty sure it is the redlines that are discontinued. As far as arrow suggestions the Victory Nanoforces are a good small diameter arrow at a reasonable price.
Yes.... I believe that is correct- the Redlines! Thanks!

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have been looking at a few bows, including a Cyborg. How do you like it, and what spine and tips are you using for the Fatboys? If you went with ACC's, which would you try?
400 spine with insert and 65grn tip Can't say enough good about the cyborg without a doubt the best bow I have ever shot and the NBA company is the best I have seen great people great product They are worth taking a good hard look at.probably shoot the ACC 3-60.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Daleg,

I'm shooting ACC 3-49's, now. My draw is 30", and weight is 58.5lbs, on a Bowtech Sniper. They shoot great, and are very durable. I have shot some CE Predators, for a heavier and stiffer arrow- they fly great, but can't handle any kind of nock impact. (I wish there were some Easton Uni-bushings that would fit them...I am not aware of any.)

I am looking at switching to 3-60's, in hopes of getting a heavier bow.... I might just stick with 3-49's, though. I am also tempted to try some Victory X-Ringer HV 350's, with 2413 Uni-bushings, but I am afraid of them being fragile.

If you think that you would be interested in trying the Victory's, and if they are the type you want, send me a PM... Maybe we could split a half dozen to try them out, without dropping a wad of cash on an experiment...

·
Registered
798 Posts
Amen to that I am 48 but when we lost our son in 1994,he was there to carry us thru.That is when I finally woke up.

By the way...

That is an awesome thing you wrote... It truly is giving Glory to God.

My 10 year old nephew died in an accident about 7 months after I was saved by Grace. It was a huge thing to be given strength to try to help my family, when only a few months before I was an active alcoholic, facing some intense consequences for my former lifestyle.

Merry Christmas...He Reigns!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts