Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I was last into shooting (many years age) the arrow always went on the rest with the odd colored feather out. What's the rule now and does it really make any difference with a drop away rest?

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Keith Thompson said:
When I was last into shooting (many years age) the arrow always went on the rest with the odd colored feather out. What's the rule now and does it really make any difference with a drop away rest?
Keith...On a drop away...you can have the "odd colored feather" or cock feather up or down.

And there is NEVER a dumb question.

Dave

·
Registered
689 Posts
Arrow Placement

....In theory it shouldn't matter which way you nock the arrow on a drop-away rest.......but.....i would nock it and look to see which way would have the best clearance...and nock it that way every time.......defintely wont matter if you do it the same each time......

·
Registered
51,158 Posts
We tell all our customers with a drop away rest to shoot cock vane up(max clearence), prong rest is cock vane down, recurve style cock vane out. :wink:

·
32,711 Posts
Dale_B1 said:
We tell all our customers with a drop away rest to shoot cock vane up(max clearence), prong rest is cock vane down, recurve style cock vane out. :wink:
Good info, thats about as clear as you can get!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts