Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have a question, Why would my arrows be grouping fine and hitting where the pin is aimed, But if I sight down the string and a nocked arrow the sight is about a quarter inch to the right of the string? ( I am a lefty). I just switched to the new vital gear hollow pino and its great . But I am maxed out with the windage adj on the sight. Got rid of my peep on the string and picked up 10 fps. Anchor point has not changed as this was happening w/ my trophy ridge Mantis as well. Thanks, Shawn

06 Parker Hornet 2 plus 29" DL 63lbs
DMI Expert II Drop away
55/75 GT XT 27 1/2" 358 gr total
290 fps

·
Premium Member
10,922 Posts
OK, being as you got rid of the peep you must be anchoring so that you look to one side of the string. This will naturally change your anchor just slightly for windage. The sight has to move accordingly.

However, even with a peep, the pins are most often offset slightly (1/8 to 1/4") due to side torque induced by the cable guard. They'd be to the left for a right hand shooter. It's normal these days.

If you have your bow sighted in and it's hitting where you aim, even though you're out of adjustment, I wouldn't get to concerned.

Also enetering into the equation is hand torque. The slightest bit of torque must be counteracted. And nobody is totally torque free. So it could be a combination of things.

I've only ever had two bows that everything lined up right down the center One was a 1977 Jennings Arrowstar, 4 wheel bow that didn't have a cable guard. The other is my present target bow, a Martin P3 Elite with their X System, a shoot through cable system that eliminates the cable guard and slide.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Bfisher, This bow is new to me by about a month now, With my old MQ32 everything was all in line so thats all I had to go by. It just sucks not having anymore adjustment to the right if I need it. Thanks again, Shawn

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
S.Knowles said:
( I am a lefty). I just switched to the new vital gear hollow pino and its great...

Did you buy a left hand version of the hollow pino or is it "covertable" from right to left?

Thanks,
Mark

·
Registered
435 Posts
S.Knowles said:
Thanks Bfisher, This bow is new to me by about a month now, With my old MQ32 everything was all in line so thats all I had to go by. It just sucks not having anymore adjustment to the right if I need it. Thanks again, Shawn
I shoot lefty and yes my sights are to the right about 1/4".

If you run out of adjustment on the sight, remember you could get an ANCHOR SIGHT that you can adjust windage on as well! Without looking at my bow I can't remember if you have to tighten or loosen the allen screw on the sight base, but if you do it will bring your eye left or right, giving you a lot of windage adjustment in ADDITION to your sights. No worries!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts