Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the range today I was having trouble pulling my arrows out of the 3D targets. I guy had a Double D arrow puller and I tried it out. Worked great. Arrows that I could not get out came out easy with this tool. Anyone else tried it?

·
Registered
369 Posts
My shop sells them and believe me they are worth the money. everyone i shoot with practically gives up pulling mine out with their cheap 6 dollar rubber ones.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Got one and love it. The outdoor range here has targets that are so hard to pull arrows from, you start rethinking whether or not you REALLY want this arrow! The DD puller is a total hand saver!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I keep a chunk of Ivory soap, coat the arrow about every third shot on the front few inches. it not only helps the arrow come out but the target foam also does not stick.
Then I use my cheep $6 rubber puller that's been hanging on my quiver for more years than I can remember to pull an extra tight arrow. The Ivory soap is cheap and works great.

·
Kung fu master/Wizard
2,730 Posts
I have always had a deep appreciation for double d's

·
Registered
51,121 Posts
Use some arrow lube and then it makes any arrow puller work much better.

·
Mark
5,696 Posts
Third Hand Archery makes a very nice arrow puller as well.

·
Registered
19,039 Posts
I have arutherious in my hands & with arrow lube & rubber puller it just wasn't happening, got the DD Puller & NO problem it is well worth every penny I paided for it.

·
Shootin and Cussin
24,121 Posts
If you want the best get a Hamskea AROJAC. No question.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
If you want the best get a Hamskea AROJAC. No question.
I'd have to agree with you there but the DD is the best one available that you actually want to carry around with you when shooting. The AROJAC would be great for pulling a arrow stuck in the target frame at an indoor range or going back and getting your arrow out of a tree at a 3D but I can't see carrying something that big around with me while I shot a round of 3D.

·
Back Yard Champion
29,756 Posts
I've arrow pullers and arrow lubes and a tiny motel bar of soap gets the most use.

What 3D target brand do you have trouble pulling arrows from? I wouldn't think Rineharts or the newer McKenzies....

·
Registered
46 Posts
have not used the item you're talking about but all I've ever used is something called a " scuba regulator hose protector".Just Google that and see what it looks like.All you do is slit it length wise and you're in business.Cost less than $3.I've never had an arrow in any type target that I couldn't pull

1 - 20 of 25 Posts