Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
11,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have a problem with pulling arrows at a place we shoot at. It’s blob targets, they are like 4x4 and are a pain in the main drain to pull arrows if you stick it in good with a faster bow. They have the little arrow pullers that are just the rubber style. Still doesn’t help much. And it doesn’t help that my hands start cramping after pulling my arrows and my sons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
I had this problem with my target. Get a bar of soap and rub it on the first 4-6" after 3-4 shots. With an arrow puller it'll be a breeze

·
Shootingairborne
10,575 Posts
I had this problem with my target. Get a bar of soap and rub it on the first 4-6" after 3-4 shots. With an arrow puller it'll be a breeze

What he said....

I've had to do this a lot with 3D targets that where not Rhinheart!

Works amazing!

·
Registered
11,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Thanks I will try that also. I shot 60 arrows and pulled 120 and I have blisters almost!!!!

·
Hunter of many things
12,121 Posts
My local shop is like that. Targets are bad. I have to set my target low like waste height that way i can put my foot on the target to help pull it out. If i shoot at shoulder height (preferred) i can get enough umph to pull them out!!

·
Registered
11,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My local shop is like that. Targets are bad. I have to set my target low like waste height that way i can put my foot on the target to help pull it out. If i shoot at shoulder height (preferred) i can get enough umph to pull them out!!

This is a local guy who originally set it up as a place for his daughter and him to practice and he decided to do a little more and we shoot every other week and have had one tournament. It’s a great place and targets will last for ever but it’s not fun pulling ha!

·
Shootingairborne
10,575 Posts
A small bar of hotel soap is perfect for target arrows. I have separate arrows for hunting. I would soap them up every shot works like a charm. & you get bubbles if it rains LOL.

·
Registered
18,292 Posts
Double D PULLER & be done! I have arteritis & have trouble pulling my X10's & it makes it easy as get both hands on it.

·
Registered
11,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Double D PULLER & be done! I have arteritis & have trouble pulling my X10's & it makes it easy as get both hands on it.
Where did you get yours from? I sent em a message on the site above but didn’t see a dealer close or a way to order direct.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I use the Thirdhand arrow puller. It is rubber, but grips the arrow much better than other rubber arrow pullers. I also use a bar of soap.

·
Vendor
25,112 Posts
The DD arrow puller is a good puller. Ours is a little smaller, easier to carry and is about half the price. The problem with pulling arrows is that they are too small in diameter to get a grip on. Our third hand arrow puller is made of tire rubber and has a Y channel down the middle. The harder one pulls the tighter it gets. Shaped similar to a bicycle handle bar grip it is ergonomically correct to get a great grip. Comes with a 40,000 mile guarantee. lol:wink:
www.arrowpuller.com

·
Back Yard Champion
28,957 Posts
Whether you believe it or not those tiny hard motel bars of soap work. Wife picks them up at back yard and garage sales.
I only scrub about 2 to 3" of the shaft right behind the point. Of course any of the arrow lubes do well.
My arrow puller has the 40,000 mile guarantee ;)

·
Mark
5,431 Posts
I hate shooting targets that wear me out quicker pulling arrows than shooting them!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts