Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently had a friend make me some really nice Gold Tip Pro Hunters.

My bow is dialed in for Gold tip Pro 22 for 3D.

Hunting arrows weigh 388 grains

3D arrows weigh 300 exact.

I have an HHA sight, I knew I would have to compensate some, I know have to shoot 20 yards for 40 on my sight. Is this excessive?

I should also ad I took off the lizard tongue and had an QAD drop away put on but I don't think that would change much.

·
Registered
5,466 Posts
You're most likely going to have to completely re-sight your bow.

The rest height will be a little different based on the diameter of the shaft, and the arrow weight alone is enough to make a HUGE difference in POI.

I would definitely check the yardages to make sure.

Good luck!

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
I'd have to concur that those two arrows will not be compatible with each other and that you'll have to re-sight in. Too big of difference and your tune will probably be off as wel..

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
You will need a different scale no doubt. Anytime you change anything like a rest or arrow weight it will change something.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
you're going to see a 30 fps difference between those two arrows.
the impact difference is going to be huge, especially at longer targets. just use different marks. either stick a new piece of sight tape on, or use different colored markings.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you're going to see a 30 fps difference between those two arrows.
the impact difference is going to be huge, especially at longer targets. just use different marks. either stick a new piece of sight tape on, or use different colored markings.
Thats what Ive got now, my 40 is my 20 yrd which is near the top of the slide, obviously some new stickers are in order, can I compensate at all by moving the sight housing or rest? Always paid for a bow tune would like to try fixing this myself.

·
Registered
18,299 Posts
you can also just get your self a tape program and make tapes and have both on stand by

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
You may get two sight tapes to be accurate, but since you are shooting a totally different arrow your bow may still be out of tune for one or the other. Is there any reason you can't just set up for your 3D arrows for now then switch later to your hunting arrows?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts