Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay......I messed around with carbons for the last few months but recently switched back to aluminums. I'm just getting better groups. Here's my question........My old aluminums I'm shooting now are xx78's 2213 @ 28.5'. They are grouping well, but I was on the Easton website looking at arrows for my set up and these arrows aren't listed for my set up. Hunting is my only concern, and the season is a month away.

If I'm getting decent groups should I monkey with things in hopes of improving, or just leave things be?

Your opinions are appreciated. Here's what I'm shooting...........

Martin Cougar III Tru arc Cam
60#
28.5 in draw

Thanks for your help,

HH

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
HankinsHunter said:
Okay......I messed around with carbons for the last few months but recently switched back to aluminums. I'm just getting better groups. Here's my question........My old aluminums I'm shooting now are xx78's 2213 @ 28.5'. They are grouping well, but I was on the Easton website looking at arrows for my set up and these arrows aren't listed for my set up. Hunting is my only concern, and the season is a month away.

If I'm getting decent groups should I monkey with things in hopes of improving, or just leave things be?

Your opinions are appreciated. Here's what I'm shooting...........

Martin Cougar III Tru arc Cam
60#
28.5 in draw

Thanks for your help,

HH
If it was me I wouldn't mess with it!!!! Its only a month away,and you said you are getting good groups,and I am sure it has worked in the past!!!!!!!!!!!
Why mess with a good thing now?Wait till after the season to tinker with it!!!!!!!!!!
Thats just me!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

·
Registered
406 Posts
A very big "mistake" many bowhunters make is to change something BIG right before season. Any major changes should be made in early summer. No one can really answer this question for you. My take would be to go with what has worked for you, use the KISS philosophy, and "If ain't broke, don't fix it." Good luck.

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
Those charts are generalized only, not the bible. If the bow is shooting well and is tuned well leave it alone.

·
Registered Elker
7,715 Posts
I made the mistake a couple years ago of changing my arrow rest in the middle of season. bad, bad,bad,bad....

...............bad,bad, bad, bad,bad,bad idea. Ya get the point

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Question is are they shooting well with b'heads or just field points so far?

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dahmer said:
Question is are they shooting well with b'heads or just field points so far?

My broadheads are shooting slightly low and to the left of my field tips, but I was going to make some minor adjustments this weekend to fix that.

Thanks for the advice guys.................... :D

HH

1 - 8 of 8 Posts