Archery Talk Forum banner

Arrow Questions

463 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Keesey 
#1 ·
ive messed up some of my fletching shooting cause my shots get close and some of the vanes get shot through and stuff. i was thinking about putting some fusion vanes on and heard they were slightly heavier than blazers (im using blazers right now) ive also been looking into using a nockturnal lighted nock. my question is will fusion vanes and lighted nocks change my arrow flight since there will be a little bit more weight in the rear? and also do fusion vanes fly better than blazers? my arrows fly good right now with blazers just curious if they would be better or something with fusions cause ive heard good things about them. any help with this would be great

#2 ·
First thing to do is quit shooting groups. Vanes last longer that way. And if you plan on using lighted nocks they can get pretty expensive as well. I assume you've broken a nock or two somewhere along the line.

The added weight on the back end will make the arrows fly a bit stiffer, but whether you'll need to retune or not is something you won't know till you try. From looking at your specs you might get even better arrow flight with the arrows a little stiffer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.