Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
I have been away from archery for several years now and am just getting back into it. I just picked up a 60lb 2009 Bowtech SWAT and was looking for a recommendation on some good arrows that won't break the bank. I plan on using it for deer hunting and I have some 125 grain mechanicals that I would like to be able to use with it. I appreciate the help getting off to a good start again.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Gold Tip Hunter XT. Great, tough, durable shaft and in line with some of the higher end eastons and CX if not better than some. I dont shoot these anymore, but loved how durable they were. Example: i put the same shaft through 3 deer in 2 years plus all the target shooting.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Gold tip hunter or hunter XT in 340 spine... Everybody is gonna say 340 is over spined but your broadheads will fly better with a stiffer spine... You can also go to a bow shop and shoot a 340 and 400 spine and see which arrow shoots through paper better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
50,389 Posts
Also suggest the Gold Tip XT, not expensive and a tough arrow. As far as spine? Not enough information.

·
Registered
8,637 Posts
Victory sport .245 in 350 spine, just as tough as Gold Tip, tighter tolerances and better components.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. I found one of my old shafts and I was shooting 7595 GT Hunter XT with 4" feathers. The shafts were cut to 28.5" (DL= 29") and they shot really well, with 125 grain heads, out of my 60lb BT Allegiance. So, it looks like the 340s would put me right back in the same ballpark with a similar bow.

I will check out the Victory Sports as well. I will have to decide on the fletching... Any other recommendations?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks again everyone, I wound up ordering GT Hunter XT 340s cut to 28.5 with helical blazers. I am pretty excited about getting back into the hobby and as always the help here at AT is a great help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts