Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently shoot the Gold Tip Expedition Gold Tip arrows. I was looking to try another brand or two. Can anyone recommend any other brand of arrows that are comparable in weight and spine to the 5575. Maybe even a little lighter, but just as tough.

·
(aka lug nut)
49,079 Posts
mstein26888 said:
I currently shoot the Gold Tip Expedition Gold Tip arrows. I was looking to try another brand or two. Can anyone recommend any other brand of arrows that are comparable in weight and spine to the 5575. Maybe even a little lighter, but just as tough.

GoldTip Expedition 5575 shafts weigh 8.2 grains per inch with a 0.400 spine rating.

Carbon Express Maxima 250 shafts weigh 7.3 grains per inch with a 0.404 spine rating.

You will like the Carbon Express Maxima shafts.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Go to your local pro shop and do a straightness test on your arrows I know about the claims of all the tests but see for yourself:eek:

·
Banned
910 Posts
ya ,but the GT's are tougher. That toughness, reasonably affordable and lightness , its hard to beat a GT 5575. once you go lighter than 8 gr per inch, you really start compromising strength. If your hunting with a 5575 @ 28-29" with a 100 gr head and say 2" blazers, you should be around 370 gr- 380 gr. That is a light hunting arrow for a full size adult pulling 55-65lbs.

·
Registered
8,117 Posts
nuts&bolts said:
GoldTip Expedition 5575 shafts weigh 8.2 grains per inch with a 0.400 spine rating.

Carbon Express Maxima 250 shafts weigh 7.3 grains per inch with a 0.404 spine rating.

You will like the Carbon Express Maxima shafts.
I am currently shooting Gold Tip Pro Hunter 7595's but did some serious looking at the Maxima's. Give them a look, you will not be disappointed!

·
Registered
8,117 Posts
The GT Pro Hunter 7595's are 8.9 gpi, but are difficult to find and/or people just do not want them due to the Mexico issue. I noticed the CX 3-D select 400 are 8.9 gpi. Therefore, my arrows would weight the exact same and "SHOULD" fly/impact the same. Correct? Or is my logic wrong?

·
Registered
13,494 Posts
heilman181 said:
Does anyone shoot the Carbon Express CX 3D Select arrows? How do you like them?
i shoot the 300 select& have for years,works for me at hunting speed of around 290fps 66# 350gr.........shot a 3d today but lost by 1 x ring to ba ba ba ba "Bartman"

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
Maximas are very very nice

1 - 10 of 10 Posts