Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
someone posted that the setup for their ultra-tec was "with a 7/8's distance from the riser to arrow's center". How do you measure that? I have a centerrest measuring tool that marks the center of the string and then you bring the rod forward to adjust the rest with an arrow on it. I shoot fingers and seem to do best when the arrow is about 1/8" to the left of center of the string at about 12 inches from the riser, shooting right handed, 60# at 30"draw and 2413 31"arrows. Does anyone have a better suggestion?

·
Registered
516 Posts
Arrow rest placement

the measurements supplied by the manufacturers is aimed at the shooters using release aids, Since you shoot fingers you can´t use the "centershot" possition because your string does not move in a straight line upon release.

Since you shoot righthanded your string will move to the left upon release and that causes the arrow to flex but it also moves the arrow into the "centershot" possition of your bow when you have your rest set to 1/8 left. That is why you get the best results from that setup.

my 0,02$

Magnus Edström

1 - 2 of 2 Posts