Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm Debating on Dropaway, or Whisker Biscuit. What do you guys think??? Is the Dropaway worth the extra money?

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
I had a whisker biscuit for 2 years and it worked well, but if your like me, I shoot alot. So in the long run the WB cost me more money because of refletching all the time. I just purchased a QAD ultra hunter drop away rest for only $50. I LOVE it, it shoots well and it is easy to set up. So it just depends on how much you shoot, but I now prefer the QAD drop away.

·
Registered
224 Posts
If you are only doing hunting then the Whisker Bisquit in my opinion is the best choice. If you are dot shooting or 3d then either or is good maybe the drop away might be a better choice.

I have used shoot thru, 3 prong and Whisker Bisquits and I have gotten rid of everything but the bisquit. Sure it tears up the vanes after you shoot a bunch but if you fletch with quality vanes you won't have any issues.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Is the Dropaway worth the extra money?
Absolutely :D
I am not big on change, I have shot with the same PSE Pronge rest for 13yrs. :rolleyes:
I just switched to a Rip Cord, Holy Cow ! What a difference :banana:
My grouping instantly got better and consistant. I can now put them all in the yellow and not chase them all over the Red.
That is saying alot for me.
Money well Spent :thumbs_up

·
74,535 Posts
I like my Trophy Taker

Dont even consider another rest.

It works and its very accurate.:wink:

·
Registered
11,484 Posts
My Choice in arrow rests would be as follows:
1. Trap Door Free Fall
2. Vapor Trail Limb Driver
3. Rip Cord.
4. QAD
5. Trophy Taker
6. Whisker Biscuit
:)

·
Registered
811 Posts
Brandon82 said:
I'm Debating on Dropaway, or Whisker Biscuit. What do you guys think??? Is the Dropaway worth the extra money?
What are you going to shoot with it? 3D? Hunting? Target? FITA? Does make a difference.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Trophy Taker! I did see another thread here in the last few days that showed a drop away that securely holds your arrow until full draw. I will be watching this one. If it stands the test I will give it a shot. It is called the Kaz Away and or the Vital shot. Check it out.

http://www.vitalbowgear.com/arrow_rests.cfm

·
Registered
454 Posts
D M I Arrow Rest

Check them out! I think that they are truly outstanding!!!!!!!!!:) :) :)
I use the Exterminator.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts