Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I bought 2 micro midas compound bow , second hand, for my 2 dauthers 10 and 12. ( I know I did'n't buy the recurves.... bad me....)
would like to know what would be a good rest for them. they will probably start with finger shooting, maybe move on to release aid later?? so this rest would have to do both. also it's got to be really cheap.... lol
what choice would be good?
TIA
herb.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
If they're gonna shoot release, GKF TM basic. All of $15 or so, and a fairly famous design that just simply works.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Golden Key Futura TM - less than $15 and probably one of the most "solid" rests on the market today other than the TUFF line. IMOH.

·
Genesis 21:20
20,705 Posts
This is no-brainer for me. Whisker Biscuit!

My son has a Browning Micro-midas II, and has been using the whisker biscuit since I bought it. Saves hours of frustration with the arrow falling off the rest, and is probably the safest rest made for kids.

Also tunes really well, and it doesn't matter what orientation the vanes or feathers are in (they can nock the arrow backwards and it doesn't matter).

I mounted it in FRONT of the riser because of the very low brace ht. of his Browning.

John.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Whisker Bisket

·
Registered
5,896 Posts
From the Golden Key web site:

The FUNNEL REST is one of the easiest Rests to both set up and tune, that we have ever developed. With just the basic tuning, the FUNNEL REST will produce bullet hole arrow flight. The Launcher Cone self-aligns to match arrow fletching.Another great feature is the FUNNEL REST will hold your arrow in the shooting position whether you are still-hunting or waiting in a treestand or ground blind. The Launcher Cone design is virtually silent during the draw and reduces arrow oscillation to quickly correct arrow flight for better accuracy and performance. The solid construction also provides many years of shooting excellence. Great for kids and experts alike. Fits left or right hand.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Yes..

Mike...
You are Right On!
The Funnel is also a Safe easy arrow holding rest for Kids...

GKF Tech

·
washed up wannabe
12,236 Posts
Another vote for the whisker bisquit. Both my kids shoot them and they went from a 4'x4' target to a NFAA single spot at 20 yards in one day.

·
Registered
16,232 Posts
Sagecreek (here on AT) made a wonderful replica of a GK star hunter that's great for fingers or release that I put on my daughters Hoyt. She's 6 and shoots it very well. They are not expensive either. The GK's are only around $30 I think. Very easy to set up and tune, especially when shooting fingers.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
This year I switched my 9 year old granddaughter to a whisker biscuit and never looked back. Now I can work on her form.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
whisker biscuit does it all!

·
Registered
984 Posts
I've seen lots of kids shooting the whisker biscuit. It would be tough to find a rest that is easier to use.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Get Whisker Biscuits

Herb: I believe the safest rest you can put on a bow is the whisker biscuit. Its plenty accurate, quiet, and simple to use too. They do come in a side load version now. I hope that your daughters can share a lifetime of enjoyment in archery with you!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts