Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody try a whisker biscuit rest? I'd like to use one for hunting.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I saw my first one last weekend and liked what I saw. So I went and bought one but have to wait for the biscuit for aluminum arrows rather than the one for carbons that came with it. There's another thread around here about this same subject. Do a search on "whisker" (without the quotes) and see what you find.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Whisker Biscuit Arrowrest For Hunting?

Putting a whisker biscuit arrowrest on your bow to go hunting is one of the best moves you will ever make. This rest is quiet, accurate, durable, and works everytime. I've used this rest for over four years without any problems. Rain, snow, sleet, hail, or high winds this has been a completely reliable arrowrest and I wouldn't go bowhunting without one. Good luck hunting!

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how did you tune yours? i have it set up , string cuts arrow down the middle, nock 1/8 high . arrows not flying like i want. any suggestions. thanks barry ps hoyt acutec carbon plus 65 lbs

·
Registered
239 Posts
Barry - knew there was something I liked about you - yer first name!!!

Go to yer local pro shop and have someone there help you get it right - that's my 2 cents worth and I will be doing the same later this week.

Barry

·
Registered
469 Posts
The Witchery of the Biscuit (How I Do It)

First make sure you have the correct spine arrows for the bow. Then set the bow for an even tiller, I back both limbs off three turns, this places the bow poundage right in the middle of the arrow spine for my arrows. Bolt the whisker biscuit on the bow. The biscuit should not be tipped forward or backward but should be parallel to the bowstring. Nock an arrow at a 90degree angle to the bowstring and set a nockpoint above the arrow. Set the windage in a neutral straight ahead position. On a righthanded bow scribe a line with a fine point marker on the windage link just outside the mounting bracket. Shoot the bow. On most righthanded bows the bowstring moves forward and about 1/8" left of center so we can predict that you will probably have to move the rest left a similar amount, scribing a line makes it easy to see where the rest was and which way and how far you are moving it. Likewise because we started the bow at an even tiller we can predict a nock high arrow in the target and remedy that by cranking in the lower limb bolt instead of working the nockpoint up and down the bowstring. For a nock low arrow you would tighten the upper limb bolt. Your efforts should result in a finely tuned bow that spits broadheads and fieldpoints into the same group. Good luck hunting!

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
The Whisker Biscuit is the best rest I have ever used for hunting (been hunting with a bow for 52 years and have tried many)although it is hard on some vanes. I use AAE Speed Flyte Vanes and the hold up very well.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Whisker Bisket

What do you thik about the wisker bisket? let me know.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Yes the whisker bisket is hard on vanes, what about speed on the bow.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts