Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a qad ultra drop away rest and my fletching keeps hitting the rest before it falls out of the way. Is there something that I can do to fix this problem????

·
Registered
50,416 Posts
Your timing is off on the rest that needs to be addressed. It needs to drop out faster.:)

·
Registered
50,416 Posts
Adjust the setting on the cord that operates it------if you don't know how enlist the help of a pro shop.:smile:

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
This may sound stupid, but I made this mistake on my QAD. Make sure that the clamp is put on the right cable, the cable that moves down , not up. If it is on the one that moves up, then the fletchings will knock it down. Just make sure that the cable clamp is on the right cable going the right direction.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thank you for your help. I have fig. out that the rest is droping at the right time. The prob. is that I shoot with blazer vanes (not sure if it matters) and my vane is hitting the back of the rest. Its where the rest is screwed to the arm that lifts it. Is the blazer vanes to tall for the rest maybe??

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thank you for the reply bowhunter2007. I had a fifty fifty chance but i did guess the down cable. If you have any other sugg. please feel free to let me know again thanks for the help.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Get in touch with QAD (www.qadinc.com)and get the taller Launcher. It provides more space between where the arrow rests in the up position and where the base of the Launcher is in the down position. I think its called the TL1 Launcher.

This will give you more clearance at the end of the shot.

·
Premium Member
10,922 Posts
Try shooting cock vane in the up position.

·
Banned
738 Posts
!

i also had tha QAD on my bow,but when i switched to blazers,no matter how i turned my Vanes,it would hit.....so i switched to a NAP2000,and it works great.no contact at all.............,:darkbeer:

·
Registered
37,038 Posts
Mine was hitting with blazers as well untill I started shooting the cock vane up then it stopped hitting. My QAD came with both launchers but I am using the regular one not the longer one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts