Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What arrow rests do the following pros shoot?

Dave Cousins

Reo Wilde

Brandon Reyes

Levi Morgan

Dietmar Trillus

·
Registered
178 Posts
Reo Wilde = Spot Hogg Infinity with lizard tongue spring steel (Trophy Taker SS 2 I think).

Dietmar Trillus = Spot Hogg Infinity

Dave Cousins was a Trophy Taker Spring Steel but not sure if he has changed.

Don't know about the other guys.

·
sues
579 Posts
Reo Wilde = Spot Hogg Infinity with lizard tongue spring steel (Trophy Taker SS 2 I think).

Dietmar Trillus = Spot Hogg Infinity

Dave Cousins was a Trophy Taker Spring Steel but not sure if he has changed.

Don't know about the other guys.
Dave Cousin TT Spring Steel 2

·
Registered
688 Posts
If you guys are thinking about getting a new rest you should check out the New Ripcord.I got a code Red Ripcord a couple of days ago set it up and I was shooting great groups in 10 minutes and it's super quiet.I had a limb driver before that but it was noisy and I could not get the same groups out of it like I did with the ripcord. Plus it just looks cool!

·
Registered
516 Posts
Most "pro's" shoot a steel spring launcher of some kind. They are very bulletproof and if you get a mico adjust very easy to make very very minor adjustments.

·
Registered
969 Posts
+1 for the infinity. I have an original GKF Infinity and is a great rest. Micro windage and height adjustment are super easy, the spring tuning guage is nice for setup, and the one I bought came with 6 different launchers. If you are in the market for a new rest, the Infinity is a quality product.

CG

·
Registered
507 Posts
A number of guys (Jesse B., GRIV, Scott Starnes) also use the Brite Site rest.

I think the great vast majority of pros use a spring steel rest of some kind or another.

I used one until recently and switched to a limbdriver. I didn't notice an acuracy decrease and I don't have to deal with fletching clearence issues which can sometimes be a pain with skinny outdoor arrows.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
ttt

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Levi has been using the Trophy taker spring steel 2. Im not sure what brandon has been using. Chance was using a trophy taker spring steel last year.

I use a spot hogg infinity with a .010 wide blade to accomodate the x-jammer 27s. Most other guys i know that are serious shooters are either using a trophy taker spring steel or some kind of blade rest. A growing number of shooters are using the limb driver with great results too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts