Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so Im not into all the tech stuff like most of you. Maybe someday I'll learn all about how many grams per inch or whatever, but for now I just want to be using the proper carbon arrows. Logistics:

Hunting only
05 Switchback
WB
27" draw length
65# draw
loop
Scott archery release

Currently shooting Carbon Express Teminator Hunter 6075's. The length is 29 3/16" from tip (minus fp or bh) to base (minus knock). The knocks add 5/8", so the length WITH the knock is 29 7/8".

For all I know, these may be the correct arrows.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
145 Posts
From what you have said the arrows you have for hunting would be the correct ones. The 6075 is spined for 60-75 lb draw weight bows. How do they shoot and have you shot it through a paper tuner?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Ben,
They shoot ok, I guess.. I dont know how they should shoot though. My groups at 30 yards are about a 5" circle. Strangely, not that good at 20!!! Maybe a 7" circle at 20?? Again Im a rookie, so maybe its my form or something.

I dont know what paper tuning is, so...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Tommy B

I'm pretty new to this also but basically to paper tune you shoot an arrow through a piece of paper at 6 feet or so. The point and the nock should enter and exit through the same spot. If not the hole in the paper will tell the tale ( nock high,left, or right ).

If you want to try it you'll want to go to the easton web site and get a copy of the bow/arrow tuning guide. This will provide the instruction to correct most arrow flight problems, the paper tuning section is great. I spent days fighting a problem with my bow and it turned out that I had a nock high / right tear . I adjusted the rest per the tuning guide instructions and VIOLA ! 3" groups at 30 yards. :banana:

Again I'm new also but it sounds like there is a slight disturbance in arrow flight as it leaves the bow. Somewhere between 20 and 30 yards the vanes of the arrow have settled the disturbance somewhat .

Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts