Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon,
My son started shoot with me and I have need/want to try and set up our arrows. I am to the point where I need to pick up an arrow saw. I am looking at the Weston Saw and the T Bird. Any feedback on either would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

· Shootin and Cussin
27,244 Posts
Weston 8000 RPM is a great saw at a great price. They have been around for a very long time which adds to their reputation.

Reactions: BigXX78

· Shootin and Cussin
27,244 Posts
should I get the dust collector with it?
Absolutely. Just fyi, I only use mine outside and I still use the dust collector. That stuff gets everywhere.

· Shootin and Cussin
27,244 Posts
Did you see what LCA did to mitigate dust, with the water dripper? It’s a slick idea, and I’m quite pleased with it.

Semper Fi,
Mike
Yep. We had one at the shop until it failed miserably a few times.

· Registered
3,689 Posts
I've had the Weston 8000 for several years and it has always cut straight as long as I pay attention.

Cabelas used to sell the same saw with their name on it a bit cheaper but I have no idea if they still do.

· Back Yard Champion
35,903 Posts
LCA Revolution Arrow Saw. It’s expensive, but it’s well thought out. One of the best equipment choices I’ve made in the last 30 years.

Semper Fi,
Mike
Ain't no way I'd pay $575 for a arrow saw.
/
/
If not cutting a whole bunch of arrows the Weston Gear 5000 will do you well. As for a dust collector, you can use a shop vac clamped to the rail. The T-Bird would be my next choice (dust collector). Then I'd go with the Weston Gear 8000.

I have the Apple Pro Arrow saw with dust collector.

Make them portable, don't bolt down so you can move anywhere you want. I have mine mounted on doubled up piano boards - hard, super flat, said never to warp....of course only time will tell.....

· Registered
319 Posts
I Have and like the T-Bird with dust collector and squaring device. What I like is being able to set it up and break it down when I need it. It comes in its own plastic container so it stores out of the way. I probably use it 2x year. No need to mount it to anything. I will say that when your adjusting for the length of arrow the weston or others is easier with the sliding stop. With the T-bird you snap the stop onto the track. I would buy again very portable to take with you.

· Registered
6,716 Posts
Do I need to get a separate squaring device with the Weston saw?
Yes, you need a separate squaring tool, which I prefer because I can do it more precisely than on the saws with the holes for squaring. (Those holes are too big for mine. I cut and shoot VAPs). I really like my 8000 rpm Weston model for the price. I didn't get the dust containment attachment, but I have no regrets. I just vacuum it up afterwards. I only need to cut arrows a couple of times a year. If I were cutting lots of dozens, I'd get the dust attachment

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes, you need a separate squaring tool, which I prefer because I can do it more precisely than on the saws with the holes for squaring. (Those holes are too big for mine. I cut and shoot VAPs). I really like my 8000 rpm Weston model for the price. I didn't get the dust containment attachment, but I have no regrets. I just vacuum it up afterwards. I only need to cut arrows a couple of times a year. If I were cutting lots of dozens, I'd get the dust attachment
[/QUOTE
What squaring tool do you prefer?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.