Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished my arrow saw. Now i can roll my arrows when cutting them and no need to take vanes off.

Materials:

Plywood
MDF
Rollerblade bearings

Pics:

·
Registered
633 Posts
WOW, Nice!

Nice clean design.

·
Registered
35 Posts
This is very nice design.I was thinking something similar on my D.I.Y arrow saw,the bearings are a great addon.Thanks for sharing !

·
Registered
452 Posts
Very well thought out.

·
Registered
6,537 Posts
Very nice and it looks great

·
Registered
28 Posts
Really NICE !!!!

:wink: Cool i bought a bench top grinder from HF that has a flex pen extension similar to the one you are using but it is tapered.... Did you taper the block clamp to fit the flex pen attachment ???? and how did you figure out the angle ..... I am going to attempt to copy you .... Thank's for posting this ...!! if you could please provide plans and list that would be awesome. :D Sweet looking arrow cutter !! :shade:

·
Registered
234 Posts
Another use?

Looks like it makes a nice arrow spinner to test tip and nock alignment too.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for comments!

Here's some dimensions. (sorry i didin't find inches option so dimensions are millimeters)

It's also pretty messy but hope it helps.

http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/4691/dime.jpg

:wink: Cool i bought a bench top grinder from HF that has a flex pen extension similar to the one you are using but it is tapered.... Did you taper the block clamp to fit the flex pen attachment ???? and how did you figure out the angle ..... I am going to attempt to copy you .... Thank's for posting this ...!! if you could please provide plans and list that would be awesome. :D Sweet looking arrow cutter !! :shade:
I drilled 13mm hole to the block clamp and cut it half. What angle you mean?

Looks like it makes a nice arrow spinner to test tip and nock alignment too.
Good idea!

More pics

·
Registered
28 Posts
Your unit is different your's has a straight shaft.... I bought one in Harbor Freight... it is tapered so i would have to seat it on a counter angle to sit it square. That really bummed me out. But never mind now that i see that the shaft on yours is straight. Awesome work !!! :thumbs_up

·
Registered
987 Posts
Inches dimensions

Inch measurements pics: BTW great saw..................:darkbeer:

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
In the sincerest form of flattery - I'm going to copy that tomorrow!!!

... thinking I may just hit Pep Boys and see if they still have a 'dremel' (off brand) for $12, and I'll make it permanent (I use my dremel way too often)

Nice Job!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts