Archery Talk Forum banner

Arrow Saw

2124 Views 27 Replies 18 Participants Last post by  Lane
A few days ago someone posted a link where you could get a mini chop saw for $20.00 that is supposed to be good for arrows? Can you please post the link again? Thanks.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

74,554 Posts
G2shootr

Great Job, I like yours better than mine. Ruler is nice touch. 90 degree bracket looks like good idea.

Harbor freight Company saw

Attachments

74,554 Posts
Number 2

Picture 2

Attachments

74,554 Posts

· Registered
6,069 Posts
Yes, it works on carbons. That is what I use it on. at 7,800 RPM I havent had any trouble with splintering or cracking etc. IMHO, user friendliness is as good as the apple once it is made. The cut of the apple is better, IMO, but the ones I cut the other day spin just fine. Like any arrow saw, even the apple, if you are not careful it can make a horrible cut. Just be careful and you will be fine... a G5 ASD adds a little extra insurance too.

Bowhuntin_Kid- I think there is a number on H.F. website for international orders. Have you tried that number? You can also try e-bay. I have heard of these saws on there as well, but usually for more than HF.

· Registered
2,584 Posts
FS Arrows sells a "Arrow Shop 5000" cut -off saw. They ship to Canada for $10. The saw costs $79.95. They have a faster one for carbon. FS Arrows phone= 1-800-824-8261 or 1-714-838-8644. I've used this saw about 20 years on aluminum -- works great. Here's their URL http://www.fsdiscountarchery.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=462

With any of these saws, wear a face shield. Just occasionally something breaks. I had a blade explode once and was glad I had the face protection.

· Registered
90 Posts
A while back there were pictures of arrow saws made from Harbor Freight mini cut off saws posted here on AT. Might even be some of the same pictures as today. Anyway, I hot footed it down to the local Harbor Freight Store and now I have my own version of an arrow saw. I don't have a picture but it looks pretty much like the ones pictured here. I'm not above stealing a good idea. Whle at Harbor Freight, I also bought a fiber cut-off wheel thats made for cutting metel. I thick it was 65 cents. Its a 3" Cut-Off Wheel stock# 39674. Dimensions 3" x 1/16" x 3/8 arbor hole. This 3" wheel will fit the mini cut off saw and does a great job on aluminum shafts and an even better job on carbon. The only draw back is you can't use the blade guard with this larger cut-off wheel. I guess thats why they make safty glasses.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.