Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Buying a new arrow saw, has anyone used the chop style saws. I have used an Easton Pro saw for about 15 years, gave up the ghost last night. Saw these, but didn't like the idea of all cutting coming from the top, I like to rotate the shaft as I cut them. What is your thoughts on this style of saw?

·
74,535 Posts
Chop saw

I use one like that but made my own arrow holder from wood. They work ok. There not as good as apple saw but will do good job. Seems lots of my buddys seem to like it. They borrow it alot.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I built my own saw with one of these units and it works great! I have two "V" shaped holders and the nock receiver which craddle the arrow. I start the cut and then rotate the arrow with my thumb and index finger while I lower the blade to around 1/2 width. I continue rotating until it's cut the whole way through. I get a nice clean cut and it's very square. Last year I had a horrible time switching broadheads around to find the right combination on arrows that were "professionally" cut on an Apple saw. This year each one spun perfectly on the first try.

I think if you're very careful you can build a great saw (cheaply) with one of these units.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts