Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Indoor FITA & NFAA

Any advantage other than price and diameter to using the x7 alum arrows over nfused axis carbon?

Why do more choose heavier arrow setups? ie 600+ grains including 200+ grain tip

I always thought target would be lighter..

Does arrow length matter between using a target compound vs a hunting compound?

ie; If i wanted to shoot a longer arrow from my hunting compound, is there a reason I wouldn't want to or it's only suggested to do so in a target bow?

·
Banned
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
45 Target Guy Views...and crickets... lol..Guess I gotta hit Google a bit more ;)

·
Back Yard Champion
29,805 Posts
Maybe you're too new to archery or you wouldn't have asked those questions...

·
Back Yard Champion
29,805 Posts
Crickets are good for Bluegills.

·
USMC 04/2005-05/2013
3,603 Posts
The length of the arrow is dependant on the spine and point weight. When you use a 27 aluminum, you have a stiff arrow and need that length and tip weight to make the arrow weaker. Generally, it's still more on the stiff side, but it helps. That, and you are punching paper, at a given distance. It does not matter that much.
This is indoor, no need for speed, and there is no wind.
Outdoor, you see smaller lighter shafts with lower profile vanes for less wind drift and better arrow flight.

Hunting arrows, can be as long as you like. As long as the point weight is heavy/light enough for the arrow spine. You want the arrow to be as good on spine as possible to help flight and penetration at longer distances for broad heads.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts