Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
8,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:embara:So Ive been wanting to try either the beman Realtree mFx or some type of axis arrows and So today I decided to go and buy me 1/2 dozen to try out. I went to the closest place possible and that was a mistake. They kept trying to sell me the .500 spine arrows on everything, telling me that was the size I needed. Im not a complete idiot, although when it comes to arrow size Im no expert. So that being said I shoot a Trykon XL at 62lbs, and my arrows measure close to 29 inches. So Can someone please tell me what spine arrows to buy. Im thinking .340 but not sure btwn that or .400. Thanks in advance

· Premium Member
10,362 Posts
Thats what Im thinking but Im not 100% Certain

Thanks
Robbie
According to the web site you need .340. If you have single or hard cam, 29" arrow and 62-66#
I shot the .340 axis and MFX both in the past and I shoot 70#, both are good arrows it's just the weight is different for each one depending on what you want :)

http://www.beman.com/products/shaft-selector

· (aka lug nut)
54,880 Posts
:embara:So Ive been wanting to try either the beman Realtree mFx or some type of axis arrows and So today I decided to go and buy me 1/2 dozen to try out. I went to the closest place possible and that was a mistake. They kept trying to sell me the .500 spine arrows on everything, telling me that was the size I needed. Im not a complete idiot, although when it comes to arrow size Im no expert. So that being said I shoot a Trykon XL at 62lbs, and my arrows measure close to 29 inches. So Can someone please tell me what spine arrows to buy. Im thinking .340 but not sure btwn that or .400. Thanks in advance
Trykon XL

Draw Weight = 62 lbs

WHAT is your DRAW LENGTH setting on the bow?

So,
since you don't say what is the bow draw length setting,
let's guess...

Guessing bow draw length = 29-inches
Guessing that you are using 100 grain field points or broadheads
Guessing Blazer full size vanes

Trykon XL

Beman MFX Realtree 400 arrows should work fine.
Assumes that the raw tube length = 29-inches
(end of tube to end of tube...does not include any part of the nock length).

Play with draw weight between 60 to 62 lbs and you should be just fine,
if you are using Blazer vanes
and if you are using 100 grain broadheads.
Draw Weight = 62 lbs.

· Registered
8,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Thanks guys my DL is 29 inches, and the raw length of the arrow will be 29 inches. The bow is a 60lb bow, it maxes right around 64 lbs. I just wanted to make sure not to underspine my shaft since they are my hunting shafts and I want the best accuracy possible out of them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.