Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The arrow chart on the easton axis match grade arrows goes by 1 inch increments. my bowsetup is 76lb 29' DL, the chart shows that I am between a 300 and 260 spine with 100gr tip. Does anyone have any insight on which you think would be better and why?

·
Registered
420 Posts
I’ve always heard when your in between to always spine up. 260 for the win!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
130 Posts
What inserts are you looking to run? In any case, I’d go with the 260 spine. It opens up more options for you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What inserts are you looking to run? In any case, I’d go with the 260 spine. It opens up more options for you.

I plan on using 50gr inserts. i have some 100gr and 125 gr field points and broadheads in the event its too stiff.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I like a little stiffer arrow, especially with today’s bows. At 76lbs and 29 draw, I’d go the 260s. That’s what I use. I shoot 70lbs and 30 inch draw and I run 75 gr inserts with 100 gr heads and they shoot and tune well.

My vote is the 260s over the 300.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like a little stiffer arrow, especially with today’s bows. At 76lbs and 29 draw, I’d go the 260s. That’s what I use. I shoot 70lbs and 30 inch draw and I run 75 gr inserts with 100 gr heads and they shoot and tune well.

My vote is the 260s over the 300.

much appreciated. Hope to get someone on the other end to debate that before I make my decision.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Hard cam +5 lbs, +5# every 10fps over 330 or max on chart ect ect. Your borderline 260-200 on the chart.

all kinds of modifications for the chart. Based on company. Theirs a pdf somewhere

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
seems like 260 is winning here. @dsdhunts interesting input will take into consideration. thanks. gonna wait for a few more inputs then pull trig

·
Hunter of many things
12,121 Posts
How long is your arrow?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I tested both the axis 300 and 260 out of a 70 pound Mathews traverse and found that I was fine with a 125 grain head on a 300 spine shaft with the stock insert. When I added 50 grains of brass to the front of both arrows I found that the axis 260 flew better. I am guessing that since your bow is 76 pounds you will need to run the axis 260

·
Registered
458 Posts
If your only running 150 up front and your arrow is 28.5” or less I’d do .300s. But if your over 28.5” carbon to carbon I’d do .260

1 - 15 of 15 Posts