Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would be a good spine and tip weight for a 45# Bear recurve and what should the total arrow weight be (Ex. 7 gpp) I have a 29" draw so probably a 30" arrow and would any of the carbon express arrows from wal-mart be good enough to start with.

·
Banned
7,677 Posts
if it is not fast flight string for sure .500 spine - if it is fast flight string - depending on how heavy you want the arrows you could use a .400 spine with a heavier tip. The tip weight will be dependent on the length and spine of the arrow and how flies.

You can buy arrows one at a time from lancaster archery supply - I would buy one of each .500 and .400 and then I would buy some differnet weight field points for testing - say some 100, 125, 145, 175 grain tips and then play around till you get the right combo that bareshafts good out of your bow.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Stu Miller's Dynamic Spine Calculator might be a good place to start as the bow you own is likely in the database. If nothing else it will give you an education about arrow spine and selection and maybe even a starting point.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts