Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My current set up is a katera XL, drawing about 71 lbs, and my DL is 31." My arrow length is 30." I plan on switching away from mechanicals this year and shooting ST magnums. I am going to try easton axis n-fused arrows. My question is 300s or 340s? There is a pretty significant difference in gpi and would prefer the 340s so save some weight if possible. Is this enough spine? The easton arrow selector chart says 340 but I never believe those things. Thanks guys.

·
My Elk Hunting Home
32,364 Posts
The easton arrow selector chart says 340 but I never believe those things.
Given your setup, whether you're using 100's or 125's, looking at the Easton chart it says 300's either way and I have found their charts to be on the light side at times. So, I would definitely go with the 300's.:thumbs_up

My Axis 300's come in at 494gr with 125's at 30.5", so yours would be closer to 489 with 125's or 464gr with 100's. Either weight shouldn't be a problem for you. I'd use whichever shoots best.

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
If you can get an ACC 2-71, it's got a spine of .320, which is right where you're falling with that set-up. The good thing is that those ST Mag's will fly well even a touch over or underspined, but I'll always lean towards being OVER spined rather than underspined if I'm forced to make a decision on it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts