Archery Talk Forum banner

Arrow Spine Question

907 Views 6 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  fostereaton
I have been searching the forum to try and find an answer to my question but havent had much luck. I am pretty much clueless when it comes to how much spine an arrow needs for a certain setup.

I am looking at getting the Carbon Force Pro 300 arrows. This will be with a Strother SR-71 set at 70# with a 28" draw length. The bow has a 6 1/16" brace height and IBO is 353 fps. Also, will have 100 grain broadheads.

If anyone could run these numbers for me that would be great, I just want to make sure these arrows will be the right spine for me before buying them. Thanks!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. I would assume that would be close to the length. And I hate bothering people but I'm just clueless eek it comes to spine. Would the black mambas from carbon force work they are 400 series? Im trying to stick with something from pse since I can get a discount.

· Registered
150 Posts
Hello, I shoot the same setup as you! only out of a Bowtech Justice VFT The spines should be 340's heavier and can take an impact better. However 400 series shafts are acceptable but on the light and fragile side being shot with that much speed, I hunt deer here in michigan and use 400's because they shoot a tiny bit faster.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.