Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well to start off with new as member not new to the website. But anyways currently I am shooting a bowtech assassin at 28 inch draw at around 60 pounds, I'm not sure of the exact weight but the limbs are 60 pound limbs I have them cranked all the way down. Now my question, currently I am shooting goldtip xt hunters 35/55, which is what the guy at my archery shop said was the correct spine. However, after some reading it seems like a .500 spine is a little light for my draw length and weight. Granted I have been shooting the same arrows for about 2 years now I am just wondering if there is a more appropriate set up for my bow, because the arrows are light 336 grains and that is little light for hunting I believe. So I would like some opinions on what I should do, keep what I have or find a heavier arrow. Thanks.

·
Registered
404 Posts
This is a pretty good spine chart. I think your total arrow weight is acceptable, but light. .400's, 420's, might be better. Though remember not all .400 shafts are the same. Some are lighter and stiffer, some heavier and soft. View attachment 2113363

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
I shoot 60#s / 28" DL. I use 400s for target arrows, which are cut shorter and kept lighter for speed and go one stiffer for hunting as they are cut longer and are heavier for better penetration.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts