Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. Hopefully this won’t be the generic arrow spine question everyone asks. :) I’ve had great luck with my bow set up(I’ve only had this one for 1 year). I just got the Archers Advantage software and have been playing around with some different things.
The pic is a screenshot of my current set up, but I did notice that if I go to a 100gr head I end up on the slightly stiff side. Is it better to be where I am now, or slightly stiff?

Thanks,
David

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Hunter of many things
12,113 Posts
I mean the green is optimal, and yes your arrow will get stiff as you remove pt weight, but being a little stiff isnt bad. You should be able to tune your bow to shoot those with 100gr heads.

How are you getting 220gr up front?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
125gr head with a 95gr stainless steel outsert. :)
I just don’t really know if it’s better to stay where I am, or drop down to 100gr head. I’m looking to gain speed or anything. Just best KE/Momentum, Arrow flight combo.

·
Registered
50,344 Posts
Your only talking 25 grains here because your still going to use the outsert. Honestly your not going to see that much difference.
If your going to expect a wow factor not going to happen.

·
Registered
9,762 Posts
If this is a hunting arrow, stay put. You will get the most momentum with the 500g weight. If you think you need more speed, buy a range finder. How is your bare shaft/broad hear tune? You said you have "great luck" with this set up, does that mean it's tuned and accurate at long distance? The going with strong dynamic spine is so it's easier to tune with fixed broad heads. If you are tuned then you are trying to fix a problem that doesn't exist.

·
Registered
5,254 Posts
Your current setup looks like a winner to me...

25 grains less would be fine as well but you would only gain about 10FPS or so...for hunting that's not really a factor.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone for the replies so far. I haven’t done any bare shaft tuning, but my broad heads group well with my field points out to 70 (which is as far as I have been able to shoot so far). And I saw a typo in my last reply, I’m not trying to gain speed. Just wanted to see if there was any point in dropping 25g as far as long range accuracy goes. I guess I’ll leave it as is unless I see some change at longer distance with my broadheads.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts