Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just what the title says. I'm considering an arrow spinner. What are the benefits to buying one. I'm trying to convince myself I need one, but I haven't totally got there yet.
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Just what the title says. I'm considering an arrow spinner. What are the benefits to buying one. I'm trying to convince myself I need one, but I haven't totally got there yet.
Thanks!

If you're "trying to convince" yourself to get one....then maybe you don't actually need one. Just my .02

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see what you're saying, just trying to decide if they really are worth the money when setting up your arrows with broadheads. They say it will show you if they are seating right onto your shafts and spinning true.....

·
Registered
528 Posts
Dont waste your money, I have one used it maybe couple of times and there it sits, I just spin on a hard table top like we all use to and youll see if it wabbles better that way.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
If you are target shooting,it is a must.If you just hunt,it is a must to check the broadheads for true spinning of the heads.I check my arrows all the time, and every so often I find a bent one that I didnt spot while shooting.If you spend a bundle of money on arrows why not check them.I check them before I even fletch them.You would be surprised how many are NOT straight out of the brand new dozen you just bought.I have culled twelve out of two dozen to get 12 straight ones.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
I have one built on to my saw and I must say i cant believe I didnt buy one 10 yrs ago, works great for broadheads making sure they are straight , you would be amazed at how some of the broadheads come out of the box :D
I use it for my target arrows also to make sure they are straight

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
I made one myself. I cut a piece of 2X4 about 20" long. About 2" from each end I drove two finishing nails into the board so as to make an "X". Then cradle the arrow in the top of the "X" between the two sets of nails. You can then spin the arrow across the nails and watch the point end as you do so.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts