Archery Talk Forum banner

arrow storage

8103 50
How in the world do you store your arrows? I have dozens and I am looking for a way to store them upright and out of the way, in my man room.
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

· Welcome to Thunder Dome!
184 Posts
Arrow storage

did you try using a PVC pipe with abase?

· Registered
2,289 Posts
Im luck enough to have some heavy, thick cardboard tubes from work to use, but have also use, the free triangle box thats free from the Post Office and just cut one side off some, stands up and holds alot of arrows too!!!

· Registered
2,313 Posts
36" of 4" pvc cap on one end & cleanout on other , this will hold a couple dozen arrows without any chance of damage.

· Hoyt Nation Life Member
15,100 Posts
Here ya go. You'll get sick of drilling holes with this one.

· Registered
23 Posts
I've never made one, but I've seen racks similar to Hoythunters only instead of drilling all those holes, they used gridded drop cieling light covers. I think you can pick them up at HD for a few bucks or so each. You'd prob have to cut them down to size somehow, but I bet it sure beats all that drilling. - Just a thought.

· Registered
230 Posts
If you just want to store them and not display them try using sara plastic wrap. I wrap it around the top and bottom a few times and it seem to hold them together. I then put them in the closet till I need them.

· Registered
819 Posts
Cut the bottom off of a 5 gal plastic bucket and put that (the piece with the bottom gone ) in another regular 5 gal bucket and you are set

· Hoyt Nation Life Member
15,100 Posts
Not trying to be smart...but why do you have so many different arrows anyway?
I have 3 compounds, 1 horse bow, a recurve, and a crossbow. Those are just my compound arrows, I haven't got around to building another one for my traditional arrows and bolts.

· Classifieds Administrator
39,607 Posts
PVC and attached to a 2x4. Works for me! :wink:

The bottoms are end caps for PVC. I drilled a hole and bolted them to the 2x4.

Attachments

· Registered
1,121 Posts
arrow holder

I used the 3 inch PVC with end caps glued. I mounted them to the back of a cabinet with screws through the back wall into the cabinet. It is off the floor and arm level. I identified the arrow spine and weight per inch. Was able to group identical weights together. Helps.
Roy

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.