Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like easton axis arrows but .003 is as staight as they get. would the victory .001 be that much better? The arrows are just for hunting

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
You are not likely to notice the straightness difference in hunting situations unless you are shooting at longer distances and then I still doubt it... But if you cut your own arrows to length, cut an inch or two off of te back end (nock end) as well as the insert end. If you do this your arrows will likely be straighter than what is specified by the manufacturer.

·
Time Flies
13,275 Posts
I like easton axis arrows but .003 is as staight as they get. would the victory .001 be that much better? The arrows are just for hunting
I shot outdoor NFAA this summer with arrows that had .011" straightness tolerances, and I shot scores in the 540s with regularity. You most certainly won't notice any difference between .001 and .003".

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
I'm wondering why cutting off at each end would affect the straightness,when straightness is typically measured along the whole length of the shaft?

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dont know for sure but for the test weight is in the middle of the arrow so the ends may not be as strong as the middle?

·
Registered
13,750 Posts
if the flaw is in the middle of the shaft it will likely cause the ends to pitch out .003 on a .001 shaft could cause you to have a shaft graded as a .006, bend an aluminum arrow in the middle a little bit and the closer to the ends you get the further they are from straight, when you shorten both ends you moving a bit of sway from both ends, if you cut only one end the center out on one end maybe .001 but the other side could still be .006

however few shooters are capable of the accuracy to tell the difference

1 - 7 of 7 Posts