Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for arrow suggestions for my twelve year old son. He will initially be shooting around 24" and 25-30#. He may hunt this year (has to practice a lot and shoot at least #30) so insert with screwable points would be ideal. Do I look for a youth arrow or adult (most adult charts don't list his specs). Brands and models?

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
My son is around same specs, and he will not be hunting this year, I have some bhoning arrows from Walmart in 500 spine that I'm going to get cut to his length and let him shoot, I'm guessing total weight with tip will be around 350grn,

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
I have been a big fan of carbon injection 400 spine and my boy shot them from 10-13 yrs old and killed 3 deer with them.

·
wolfey
4,145 Posts
You should look up the easton spine chart. At his specs he needs a 1600 spine with a 24 inch arrow. If you're looking for a hunting shaft an easton axis spt 700 spine at 27 inches with a 125 grain broadhead would work.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The Easton Arrow selection chart has a section for "low poundage recurve bows", which is effectively a bow chart for children and youths. you can use that, in low poundage land, the arrow takes a long time to fly to it's target, almost any mismatches in spine can be corrected with fletching.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts