Archery Talk Forum banner

Arrow suggestion

636 4
I currently shoot 300 A/C/C pro hunters with 125gr broadhead but was looking to switch to the Gold Tip Kinetic. I shoot a 90# Hoyt Maxxis with a 29.5" draw and my question is should I continue to use the .300 spine or should I use the .200 spine.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
55,396 Posts
90#????? How long did you have to wait to get that made-------never knew they made one over 80# max. If your shooting 300 or 200 spine with that kind of weight and broadhead your basically dry firing your bow!!!!!!!!!!!!

· Registered
55,396 Posts
How do you figure?

My total arrow weight is just over 500gr so I'm well over the gpi minimum, and a .300 spine as been used on bows well over 90lbs
Spine and total arrow weight are two different things. Spine has more to do with the flex imparted to the arrow. At a 200 or 300 spine arrow it is too light of a spine, a light spine will flex too much and won't recover fast enough. It imparts too much flex which "could" lead to shaft failure on the shot with kind of poundage.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.