Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
CottonHeadedNinnyMuggins
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad is planning a Caribou trip a year from now and is looking for new arrows.

His bow specs: Merlin Hunters Quest 35 set at 55 to 60 lbs, 30" draw, arrow length around 29.5", release w/ rope loop. Broadheads will probably be a thunderhead 125 or 100, possibly muzzy 100, Definatly fixed blade.

Longrange open shots are not uncommon, he wants to be able to shoot to 40 yards with confidence in his equipment.

So what is a good straight economical carbon arrow?

·
Registered
431 Posts
You will get many different answers but I really love Balckhawk Vapors. .003 tol. and very strong.

·
CottonHeadedNinnyMuggins
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I should add that I used ICS hunters last year with very good results.

Does anybody know the straightness specs of the ICS arrows?

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
The weight tolerances for ICS hunters is plus/minus 1.5 grains in a dozen. The straightness tolerance is I believe, .005 over 28 inches.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I have shot the gold-tip 5575's the last 2 years and have had great success with them!!! I have yet to have an arrow break unless it was robbinhooded. They are extreamly straight also.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
There is no need for me to repeat Javelina.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Ditto ICS.

Doesn't matter if they are camo or plain black, and make sure your spline is correct. The only other suggestion I like to do is to dip them in white and use white fletchings. Ever try to find a camo arrow if you get a pass through of a deflection? Not to mention you can really see the arrow in flight and it aids seeing the hit. Just my humble opinion...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts