Discussion Starter #1
Here's my setup...

Mathews Outback
60lbs draw
100gr fieldpoints
100gr Magnus Stingers 2blade
28" draw length
vital Bow Grear vital drop rest

I know I'm in a 400 spine arrow, but just wondering what optimum performance arrow length/weight would work out best for this setup. I'm currently shooting Blackhawk Carbon Vapor 4000 ACA's cut to 27-3/4" nock throat to insert. I like the arrows, but want to shoot the same thing for both 3d and hunting, and the vapors are a pain in the you know what to pull out of a Mckenzie target. Let me know what you guys think?

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
Well, as far as pulling out of targets the Easton Axis seems to work well. I also like ACC's. Goldtip also makes some good arrows for pulling. The finish on the arrow and the diameter and the KE determines how hard the arrow will pull. The best thing to do is use an arrow puller and some arrow lubrication.

Now, you might want to try the Easton FMJ or Full Metal Jacket. It has an aluminum skin as oppose to the ACC with an aluminum core. Neither, the Axis or FMJ are good line cutters for 3D, but I use ACC's and suffer the occassional point lose. I will never be taking any price money home ,anyway.

Your bow has a very aggressive cam so I would not go weak on the arrow. The 400 are OK at your draw length, IMO, but a 340 wouldn't hurt if you plan on shooting at the top.

You can download a trial copy of "Software for Archers" at pinwheelsoftware.com. It will take all the guess work out of shaft selection as far as spine. It can also caculate wind drift and project the trajectory curves so you can see exactly how much change a little addition arrow weight has.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I agree I have an outback with 29.5 draw and I shoot easton fmj 400's. they pull easily out of any target. they are some heavy ones though i am at 461g but they stick 2 inches out of the back of a block target and u can pull them out with 2 fingers. godd luck.

SSG Dogg:darkbeer:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts