Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am shooting a gold tip 55/75 xt hunter with a 100 grain field tip/100 grain muzzy 4 blade, I switched to a 2.25 quick spin fletchin from a 4 inch. My problem is that i am having problems with my b/h's shooting about 4 inchs left and about 2 inchs lower than my field tips and I was wondering if anyone could give me any hints on getting my b/hs closer to my field tips :darkbeer:

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
F/P line with B/H

Make sure you are not getting any fletch contact with rest first.... Sounds like you are going to have to make some rest adjustments....SLIGHT adjustments for the rest +/- 1/6" at a time. If I'm correct you will want to bring the rest SLIGHTLY to the right and raise it up SLIGHTLY. Kepp doing so then shoot 3 F/P then 3 B/H and keep moveing SLIGHTY in the direction with B/H to bring them into your F/P. Also, be sure your arrow spin true with the B/H on.

Good Luck

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well I tried shooting a another 55/75 that I had fletched with a 4 inch vane and it did the exact same thing, and when I switch back to my field tips I about bust my arrows with a tight group, so I am alittle hesitent about adjusting my rest, which I forgot to mention is a QAD ultra-rest hunter drop away.

·
Registered
3,499 Posts
There isn't much you can do for that. I'm using Muzzy 4 blade heads this year also and have the same thing. No point in throwing off your tune by making any rest changes. I can nock arrows with broadheads on, but not impact with field points.
Just change your sight for hunting, then switch back after season.
The only other thing you can do is switch to a fixed blade head (or mechanical), that impacts in the same place.
I used Slick Tricks last season and they impacted exactly in the same place as field points. I hear that G-5 Stikers and American Broadhead Sonics will do the same thing, though I have not tried them personally.
Jerry

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you, I have been considering shooting a mechanical, and i think thats what i will do is just change my sight for hunting or just get another hunting sight. and who makes these slick tricks I will strongly look into those if I dont have to change my sights all around, i know its not a big deal but i do alot of shooting with field tips and it just takes time away from shootin..

·
Registered
69 Posts
Vanes

Depending on your arrow you could have issues with your vanes. I have tried all the deferent vanes that I know of and disliked the quick spins the most. I also shoot gt arrows in the 5575s and found that blazer vanes work the best for me. I also shoot a qad pro rest. Also make sure you shoot with the cock vane up. When I changed to a drop away style rest from a nap quicktune I still shot with the vane down and had a heck of a time tuning. QAD states that you have total vane clearance but you must shoot with the vane up. Good luck, MIke.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thank you, I am actually in the process of switchin the the 2 inch blazer vane, with my new 5575's. i hated my 4 inch quick spins, they weren't durable and it seemed i was always tearing them up, my g/f is shooting them right now and they have all ripped or rippled, the only reason I decided to shoot the 2 1/4 inch quick spins is because I got a deal I couldn't refuse.. I never read that about the qad rest but I will do that when I get my arrows fletched.. thanks again

1 - 7 of 7 Posts