Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
RCBS reloading balance. I put a bend in the pan across from the pour spout so the arrow doesn't roll off. Serves double duty because everybody shoud reload.

·
Registered
22,681 Posts
I have been in archery long enough that I actually have two generations of grain scales. The original is a Martin Archery spring "postal scale" with two grooves cut into the top plate for the arrow shaft to nest. It was pretty accurate for the time....with a few grains. The spring adjustment is not very fine, but it got me in the ballpark. Then when digital scales started coming into common use, my kids got me an OMP digital archery scale...very similar in design to the one pictured in post #5. It is far more accurate, but both serve the purpose.

·
Back Yard Champion
28,046 Posts
Weight Max. Several different models available. Mine is called the Black Box. I can't remember...$10 or $15. Weighs up to 500 grs - more will harm it. Grains, grams, ounces, DWT. Turns off automatically.
Have to move arrow so point is closer to pad than nock end so to balance.

Another I bought at WalMart. Under $20. MainStays Slimline. Weighs up to 11 pounds. Grains, grams, ounces, and more. Automatically turns off and sooner than I want.

Attachments

·
Registered
Bowtech Realm X and PSE Inertia 50lbs
3,885 Posts
Academy Sports carries one that looks like post 5, 3 rivers carries it also

25 bucks on Amazon

·
Registered
569 Posts
I have a $9-10 one from amazon. Came with a calibration weight. Works fine, no issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
I’ve got this one. Probably overpaid for it when I bought it ($50) but it is very consistent.
I have one that looks like this, but I only paid $10-$12 for it. works just fine.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I don't have one yet because I just purchase premade arrows. But I have a bow scale and did a very rough guestimate of arrow weight by weighing quiver full of arrows and calculating the average weight of an individual arrow to get me by.

·
Registered
763 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought a omp archery scale not to long ago off of Amazon. It's nice. They send a arrow holder with it as well.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
The Impartial Archer
17,831 Posts
I have a $9-10 one from amazon. Came with a calibration weight. Works fine, no issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
+1 Mine is a Frankford Armory cheap scale I got for free. I have the weights too (for reloading) and IMO if you get a digital scale you should get the weights too otherwise you really don't know when it goes tits up. They are cheap.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank yall for the recommendations and advice on the weights. Much appreciated!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts