Archery Talk Forum banner

arrow weight vs my bow

402 2
Hi guys. I was wondering what you guys think about what a gentleman told me. I got a couple dozen of the carbon express arrows with 4 inch veins and I have a 30 inch draw length and shoot seventy pounds and he claimed that the arrows were too heavy and wouldn't be forgiving enough. That sounds a little crazy to me. isn't a 30 inch draw length and 70 pounds a little on the fast side to have someone tell you that one one of the best selling arrow types is too heavy and not forgiving enough? I am not too sure so let me know. Thanks. OH btw they are 6075's
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2,754 Posts
He is full of crap. :)

I use the CE made for Sportsmans and can't even think about shooting a the same dot until I hit the 40 yard line and behond. I've shot many, many groups under 2" at 40 yards with them with my new Martin bow.

I shoot 70 lbs and 28" arrows and believe the CEs to be perfect hunting arrows. Love them!

BTW, CE makes a wide range of different models and weights and I use mainly those in the 9 grs per inch range or just slightly under. Those just over 10 GPI make great hunting arrows too. My old bow was a bit noisy with the 7 gpi CE (or any brand) so I went middle of the road.

I suspect he may have been talking about the spine of the arrow though. You still picked the correct arrow. The 4560s would have worked okay with feild points but more than likely given you fits with any fixed blade and most expandables.

· Registered
2,919 Posts
there may be some small thread of good information buried somewhere deep in what he is trying to say -- a lighter arrow would be faster and give flatter trajectory and be more "forgiving" of distance judgment errors

but generally when most archers say "forgiving" they mean forgiving of form flaws, and a heavier arrow generally is "better" in that area

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.