Archery Talk Forum banner

arrow wight qestion.....

662 Views 15 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  BowTech One
Hello everyone, I am semi new to archery and know next to nothing about buying arrows so I would like it if you could explain some stuff to me. I kinda know about grains and wight but want to know about spine stuff and so forth. I have only bought arrows once befor and it said somthing like 3050?? I would like to know what that # means. Maybe you guys( And gals) could help me out with what arrow wight I should get for a martin cheetah, 27.5 to 28 inch DL, at 50 to 60 lbs, I will be using it for hunting and some 3D now and again..... So all advice is apprecated!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
1,612 Posts
There are a ton of great arrows that will work great for you and your bow! Ide say to go with a 400 spine and a 100gr tip, and 2in blazer vanes...hope this helps a little bit...

· Registered
1,612 Posts
Oh depending on price range Easton Axis or Easton Epics will work great...

LOL im a Easton fan!

· Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Also bowtech one should I get a lighter arrow and hevier tip for a Biger broad head??

· Registered
1,612 Posts
the spine weight for the Axis 400 is 9.0gpi and the Epics are 8.6gpi if that helps...

· Registered
1,612 Posts
Also bowtech one should I get a lighter arrow and hevier tip for a Biger broad head??
The field tip weight and your broad head weight should be the same so that your practice arrows and hunting arrows fly as close to the same as possible, but at 50 to 60# ide stick with a 100gr field tip/broad head...

· Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well are you saying I should get the epic?? Got to remember I am dumb as rocks in this department.....

· Registered
1,612 Posts
Not really its just that the Epics will save you a few bucks, but the Axis are higher quality...If it were me buying Ide go with the Axis...

· Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So 2 inch vanes work better than 4 inch, I though it was the other way around when it comes to broadheads, or are blazers special?

· Registered
1,612 Posts
not so much that there special, but the Blazers are one of the best all around performing vanes on the market...

· Registered
1,612 Posts
yes they fly very well with broad heads...

· Registered
1,612 Posts
the complete arrow weight for the Axis will be around 390gr...with a 28in shaft...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.