Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I a shooting wood shaft arrows spined for 60 - 65 pounds off of a 61 pound long bow with a carpeted shelf rest. I notice the arrows wobble out about 20 feet from the bow. The seem to fishtail some and my grouping is eradic sometimes tight and then one with be two feet off. I am shooting instinctive with a glove release. I tried shooting the same arrows off of my 50 pound recurve with a carpet rest and they fly like a dart with no wobble and tight group. I am using 5 in feathers with mercury speed nocks. I tried cutting a groove into the carpet on the longbow shelf to make sure the fletching don't touch, but still have the same problem. any suggestions would be helpful

Thanks, Big Dave

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
Move your nocking point up and down about 1/16" and see if that amkes things better or worse.

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
You are obviously using a traditional bow. Having said that, what is your draw length? Most wood arrows are spined for a 28" draw and if you shoot anything over that draw your arrows are underspined. When I shot stick and string all the time, I realized that I just needed to go up one range when I bought my woodies. :thumbs_up

1 - 3 of 3 Posts