Archery Talk Forum banner

Arrow wrap fletching?

967 9
I was just going to order my arrow wraps and got to thinking about fletching them. Do you just put the wrap on and glue your fletch to the wrap? Do you have to prepare the wrap prior to fletching over it?
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
725 Posts
No prep needed for wraps. You'll need to clean the shaft so the wrap will adhear well. I use acetone, works great and leaves no residue. Then just set the wrap on a mouse pad or similar surface, line up the arrow and roll it onto the wrap. Then just fletch 'em up! It's that easy! Hope this helps. -Chris

· Registered
725 Posts
Thanks alot for the reply. Have you had good luck with the fletch staying glued well?
Yep, I can count on one hand the number of fletchings that have come off of a wrap and that was my fault every time. The only bad part about wraps is when I'm putting the third feather on my arrow and I mess up. The only thing to do is to strip the arrow down and try again. But that's encouagement to learn how to do it right the first time! -Chris

· Registered
1,582 Posts
I agree, I think the vanes adhere better to the wraps than just the bare shafts. It would take pliers to get my blazers off. I also think they are easier to refletch too. Soak the wraps in a glass of warm water for a couple of minutes than just peel them off, and there is little to no residue left on the shafts. No more scraping. :darkbeer:

· Hoyt Nation Life Member
15,100 Posts
I would highly recommend using wraps! i have never had one of my blazers fall off since i started using them! i just use 91% iso alcohol to prep the shaft and then apply the wrap to the shaft!
I used to use the alcohol to prep with but there is still a small amount of oils in there. Invest in the Acetone. When it comes time to re-fletch the acetone takes the glue off real easy with minimal rubbing. Just keep it away from your arrow labels. Unless of course your looking to make all black shafts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.