Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the easiest way to strip arrow wraps?

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
I use a zip strip. Just set arrow on a hard surface and run the zip down arrow. Takes several runs but comes off pretty clean and then wipe arrow down to clean any sticky substance left. Easiest way I have found.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Zip strip? I hope your not using this on carbon arrow. Some chemical well brake down carbons. Zip strip is pretty strong stuff. Easton put out a warning on using chemicals on carbons. Just scrap them off than clean them with alcohol are dish soap and water. They are not hard to get off.

·
Registered
7,492 Posts
I use a zip strip & then clean the residue off with a little acetone. I have been doing this for years & it is quick & super easy.

·
Premium Member
10,326 Posts
I use a razor blade and hold it at maybe 45 degree angle and it comes off super easy. Like peeling a potato, then if ant stickness is left I usually wipe it down with isopropal (sp) alcohol and dry it off and it's ready to go again. Been doing it for a long time :thumbs_up

·
Registered
36,982 Posts
I use a zip strip & then clean the residue off with a little acetone. I have been doing this for years & it is quick & super easy.
Thats how I remove mine too ...

·
Registered
543 Posts
Zip strip? I hope your not using this on carbon arrow. Some chemical well brake down carbons. Zip strip is pretty strong stuff. Easton put out a warning on using chemicals on carbons. Just scrap them off than clean them with alcohol are dish soap and water. They are not hard to get off.
zip strip is a chemical???

·
Registered
61 Posts
blow dryer

Use a hair blow dryer to soften it up. Then peel it off with your fingers. Just don't get the arrow to hot.

·
Registered
10,763 Posts
Nothing is easier or quicker than a good hot hair blow drier they peal right off .

·
Registered
6,057 Posts
easiest way I have found is to run wrap under hot tap water, then use a finger nail to peel up a corner and peel off. I use goo gone to remove any residue left over. fast, easy, no harsh chemicals. Then I clean with 91% alcohol, rinse with hot tap water, dry with paper towel and re-wrap.

·
NAASP
14,539 Posts
Wraps

I use a container of hot tap water to loosen the glue. Then a utility knife to take the wrap off. (dull blade)

Acetone on a rag to remove excess glue.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have also found that a pocket knife with the serrated part on the lower half of the blade work pretty good in a pinch. Also for fletchings

·
Registered
547 Posts
I picked up a winchester pocket knife at Wal-Mart for $7 and the lowest serration is the same diameter as a zip strip. Multi purpose is great, cand gut a deer with a zip strip but I can strip my arrow with my knife. I own a vinyl buisness and make wraps and the easiest way to remove any vinyl is to heat it with a hair dryer.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts