Archery Talk Forum banner

Arrow Wraps

2K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  lc12 
#1 ·
Wanting to buy some arrow wraps but don't know what length to get? What's the normal length or most common? Also if you got pictures of your arrows with wraps I'd like to see them and I think others would enjoy it too.

Thanks

#7 ·
I just had these made by Onestringer. I choose length by the fletching size, these are 7" because I'm using 3" feathers. With blazers I go between 5 or 6 inches depending on design.

Attachments

#8 ·
only time i use them is for hunting and i use 4 inch wraps in solid white just to see what kind of blood i got.i see alot of guys using alot of different lengths and getting "fancy" with designing them,as the others stated maybe contact one of the companies and they can tell you what would work best. this is just what i use and what has worked great for me

#9 ·
I use a 4" wrap and blazer vanes for hunting and for 3d shooting. It's a lot easier to strip the fletchings from a arrow with a wrap than one without a wrap. I like using a sold white in color for hunting, so it will show up any blood if there's ever a marginal hit. Most arrow wraps in sold colors are the same price for a 4" to 8" in length. I buy the 8" wraps and cut them into, I get twice the wraps for the same price.

#11 ·
arrow wraps

Here are some nice ones I got on eBay from mack daddy arrow wraps he has an awesome selection at super affordable prices. They are top notch quality as well. Here are 3 of the ones I have used so far.

Attachments

#12 ·
Theyre prolly all gettn ready to hit the ata show is why,not taking any orders right now..thats purely just my speculation so dont quote me on that..

#13 ·
arrow wraps

Here are the others that I ordered but have not used yet. The prices range from $10-$15 with free shipping. He also has some 1.25" wraps for larger target arrows. Here are some more pics. These are just pics of the ones I ordered he has hundreds to choose from.

Attachments

#15 ·
Here are my Easton Axis arrows. This is Predator Fall Grey (I picked the wrong camo) to match my Predator Deception Brown Strother bow. I have some in the brown ready for fletching. These are 4.5" long and the browns are 4" long. I fail to see how wrapping arrows makes fletching easy when you can replace vanes as the get damaged one at a time. I wrap mine because they look very cool. If you can imagine, My Deception Browns will have a black Blazer rooster and white tiger strip hen vanes. All done with Onestringer.

Attachments

#17 ·
arrow wraps

Just Fletched up some some goldtip pro hunters today with the arrow wraps from mack daddy arrow wraps from eBay and this is how they turned out. I highly recommend them. Here are a few pics.

Attachments

#18 ·
I use Onestringer with excellent results.
I am also a bit different in that I do not put my fletchings on top of the wraps.
I use the reflective wraps and order the 7" wraps. I then cut them into thirds at two plus inches long and I put these in FRONT of my vanes.
This makes it easier to find my arrows, which is why I use wraps in the first place, AND, when I have to re-fletch I don't have to scrape off the wraps.
Just the way I do it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.