Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am shooting Easton FMJ with 4" Quick Spins and 100 gfp and 100 g Muzzy MX 4, the problem is @20 yds it looks like I am shooting the target from an angle @30 it straightens out a bit. I just had my bow tuned 2 weeks ago. Iwas looking for some help or answers. The good news is it shoots 1" groups.

SSG Dogg:mad:

·
Registered
230 Posts
You can try moving back to forty, then fifty yards. This only works if you shoot good groups. post the results. Or if you keep hitting to left your over spined. If not hitting left you may have another prob. but post your results from longer yardages so I can get an idea.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I could be wrong, but I thought I read that if your arrow is straightening as you go out, you may be underspined. The shaft flexes upon release and the longer distance gives the arrow more time to straighten. Hopefully someone else can verify?

·
Registered
27 Posts
your nock point is either too high or too low.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sounds like a Spine problem, however you didn't state how long your FMJ's were, or your draw weight and length nor what size FMJ. I'm assuming that when you say that they are sticking in at an angle you mean that to be left to right, and not up and down. grouping can still be good with an under or over spined shaft, as long as the spine is VERY consistent shaft to shaft, and you make a consistent release however that is not ideal, nor practical. more info may make it easier for all of us here to help

1 - 5 of 5 Posts