Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that my arrows are flying sideways when I shoot bare shafts. To be clear, they're not fish tailing or minnowing. They're moving straight forward, but the arrow itself is at a slant. It's as if the tail of the arrow is at one extreme during a fishtail but still moving forward. Is this because my plunger is too far from center? Or is it a spring tension issue?

·
Registered
607 Posts
Depending on weather the tail is right or left tells you if your shafts are to weak or to stiff.

·
Registered
76,684 Posts
Depending on weather the tail is right or left tells you if your shafts are to weak or to stiff.
Hmmmmm... the only time I've seen arrows actually fly with a crab angle (aviation term) has been a long shot in a crosswind.

Are you saying that once the arrow settles down from paradox and flexing and such that if it is weak (right handed) that it will fly crabbing to the right and if strong will fly with a left crab?

Much Aloha... :cool::beer:

·
Registered
20,286 Posts
M-

You are way over-thinking this.

1. Don't rule out an optical illusion.

2. Compare the impact of the bare shafts with the fletched ones.

3. Confirm the nock kick out is opposite to deviation of the BSs to the FL'ed ones.

4. Correct the tuning parameters as necessary and stop worrying about it.

Once that's done, the only other other variable is YOU.

(The best way to determine center shot vs spring tension tuning issues is with walk-back tuning, using the Berger method, but that requires accuracy to about 40-45 yds.)

Viper1 out.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It might have been cross winds... I was shooting outdoor at 40 yards...

My accuracy wasnt so good but at least I hit paper with every shot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts