Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm looking to buy some new arrows before Worlds without it costing me an arm and a leg. I shoot the Hoyt Vicxen setup on a Rampage XT. It shoots 252 fps. Right now I'm using some Flatline 500's with 70 grain field tips, I've shot the Carbon Express Mayhem Hot Pursuits, and other 250 grain arrows. I would like to shoot some fat boy arrows to get a better chance at pushing/cutting that line whenever possible. What arrows would you reccommend and what size field tips? Thanks! :wink:

· Registered
1,032 Posts
Carbon Express CXLs are almost as large as Fatboys and come in a 500 spine. They are lighter than Fatboys, but if you are shooting in a class that requires screw in points either one is going to be heavy. Those big inserts weigh quite a bit. I wouldn't recommend changing your set up at this point. My wife won the MBR class at Worlds last year shooting a Gold Tip Ultralight 500, that is a standard size carbon shaft. There was only one person in the finals in her class shooting "fat" shafts. Focus on getting the most accuracy out of your set up. Just my opinion!

· Registered
6 Posts
I've used Easton X7 Eclipse, Fatboys, and I just ordered some Lightspeed 3Ds. Fatboys and the Eclipses were good that broke the lines just great....I'll let you know about the Light Speeds.

· Registered
1,989 Posts
Send me some info and I'll run it through OT2 for you.

It will spit out the arrow you need to do the best.
Accuracy is much better than luck. (Line cutting)

I need:
Make, model and year of bow
Draw weight
Draw length
Tip type and weight
Arrow length (not including tip or nock)
Stuff on the string
Rest type and make

(If you are building the arrows yourself)
Nock type and weight
Fletching mfgr., type
Insert weight or glue in weight.

I can get you into the ballpark with that.

P.S. I shoot Lightspeed .500's 25.5" long. I'm shooting 61 pounds with 26.5" draw. (293 FPS)
The bow shoots like a laser after paper tuning.
Scored 3rd highest in our clubs 6 tournament 3-d schedule in BHFS out of 90+ in the class.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.